Mobile dental hygiene care.
Serving the Kingston, Napanee, Gananoque and South Frontenac areas.
Compassionate dental care always on the move.
We come to you when you need us.
We bring dental hygiene services to you or your loved one's location. We provide services:
• in a wheelchair
• at home
• or at long term care facilities
How does aging affect oral care?
• Oral health is a significant factor affecting senior's quality of life, overall health, and wellbeing. Tooth loss, tooth decay, gum disease, dry mouth, and oral cancers are commonly experienced by older people.
• Often seniors lack the dexterity to brush their own teeth thoroughly.
• Dental hygienists visiting the home on a routine basis can significantly reduce bacteria forming on teeth called plaque.
• Plaque is bacteria that causes cavities, broken teeth, pain, and infections.
• Plaque inhaled when coughing can cause pneumonia.
• All of this affects eating, drinking, and overall wellbeing.
• If a higher level of care is required we can refer to a local dentist.
Meet the Mobile Hygienist.
Karen De Luca has been a Registered Dental Hygienist for almost 20 years. She spent the first 8 years of her career as a Dental Assistant. With much encouragement from fellow hygienists, she decided to return to school to elevate her skills as a Hygienist. After graduation, she worked in a periodontal specialty office, this opportunity enhanced her skill development immensely. Following this she worked at family-oriented general practices until an amazing opportunity arose to become an independent mobile dental hygienist.
Roving Dental Hygiene is proud to be Kingston's first mobile hygiene practice.